Thursday, February 2, 2012

RIP Steve Adams

In Memoriam – Steve Adams

September 4, 1960 – January 23, 2012

It is with sadness we announce the passing of Steve Adams, President of ACTRA B.C. 1994-95, UBCP member since 1990 and prolific Actor.
Steve’s most recent performance work includes roles in Smallville, Hellcats and Supernatural. His career spans over two and a half decades and in recent years he was branching out into writing and producing. In 2008, he produced the feature film “The Baby Formula” and published his first novel “Suit on the Run – An Ad Man’s Odyssey in the Fourth Dimension”.

In 2003 we asked Steve for his thoughts on his affiliation with ACTRA and UBCP over the years and this is what he shared:

I sit here in Montreal, where I have lived for several years now, thinking about what I learned as President of ACTRA B.C. I learned that it’s about the principle and not the double-speak. I learned it’s about one’s right to express not suppress. I learned that if you want to make a change, you have to vote. I learned that if you want to be an actor and make a difference in your community, you have to get involved. But most of all, I learned that the good people who stuck by my side made it one of the richest experiences of my life.” 

Steve is survived by his fiancé Tracey and their son Finley. For those of you who knew him, thoughts of him are welcomed at www.friendsofstevenetwork.com. We will miss you Steve.

ADAMS, Steve
Born: 9/4/1960, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Died: 1/23/2012, Canada

Steve Adams' westerns - actor:
Call of the Wild: Dog of the Yukon (TV) - 1997 (Mr. Kearns)
Dead Man's Gun (TV) - 1999 (Drake)

No comments:

Post a Comment